Hello!

Newbie wood worker here. I just started acquiring some tools after putting together a "shopping list." I got a deal on a Craftsman model 152.217060 that was to good to pass up. Just some normal wear and tear but was still in very usable condition upon purchase. I plan to work on restoring it by cleaning up the rust, new blades, paint, belt, and maybe the bearings. Here are my questions:

1. I can't find any blades that are specific to that model on Amazon. Are most 6 1/8 blades the same? I see model 152.21705 (no zero at end) has replacement blades (Powertec and Foxbc) and I think they're the same machine, just that the 21705 has a 1.5hp motor. Would those blades for the model 21705 work for my 217060 or any 6 1/8 blades?

2. Are carbide blades vs HSS blades that much of a step up? I know a Shelix head is made for it but I'm not looking to spend that money right now. I mainly plan to work with hardwood currently.

3. What kind of belt do you recommend for replacement? Not sure on the size but from what I've read there's a few different kinds.

4. Finally, rust removal and then lubing some parts. I've seen Boeshield, Evapo-Rust, WD40, Vinegar, and steel wool or sander combinations. Is there a consensus on what would be a good option that people recommend?

That's all for now - thanks for taking the time to read!