Thread: Restoring the old Oliver

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Restoring the old Oliver

This afternoon I went out to play with my lathe and instead of grabbing the bowl gouge, I grabbed a flat screwdriver and started chipping at the old nasty cracked paint. I knew when I got started that I should quit, but kept picking away at the old nasty stuff. after about 15 minutes I said, "heck with it" and started removing parts and pieces, drug out the grinder, put on a rough grit sanding disk and started removing paint.

The whole time visions of restoring my old Chevelle SS kept popping in my head and I was thinking you guys on sawmill creek talk about a slippery slope....well I fell in over my head in the drop off....been there before numerous times with muscle car restorations, antique tractor restorations...seemed only fitting to get busy and start the process on this old Oliver 159.

Then I got some ideas on how to "modify" it to my liking, got some chrome out in the shop, and extra muncie 4 speed.....oops, might get out of hand. At any rate here are some pictures of todays progress. I willl update this project until I'm done ( I'm sure it won't go as fast as Karl's house did )

Attached Images Attached Images