I'm soliciting comments and recommendations about purchasing a replacement planer.

Currently I have a delta 13" portable planer. Several months back I lost part of the rubber off of the infeed and outfeed rollers. Last week something popped and the rollers won't turn at all, or the cutterhead. My guess is a sprocket, but I haven't had time to "tear into it".

Anyhow, this seems like the perfect opportunity to "upgrade" , with the wife's approval.

So, my normal woodworking activities are building furniture, although for the last year or so, I've been building cabinets. One right after the other. The 13" planer works for the majority of things I've done. I'd like to step up to a more expensive (read bigger) planer, but the jump to the next level is significant. So unless someone has another suggestion, I guess I'm limiting myself to the "portable" planer market, which includes the newer delta and dewalt models.

So what do you guys think? Blast away as I haven't purchased anything yet. I want the good and the bad as you see it.

Thanks in advance.
Ron