I'm making my first cutting boards as a wedding present for my daughter. (Thanks Vaughn for sharing your design & production ideas.)

I glued up the different wood strips and the larger hard maple pieces using Bessey K-Body clamps. The boards sat on the clamps as a base, plus a couple clamps over the top, alternating them. Lots of glue squeezed out since I coated both sides of each wood strip with glue, per Vaughn's suggestion.

I was able to wipe a lot of the glue off before it dried, but could not reach some because of the clamps.

Finally my question: So glue dripped on the threads/slots of the clamps and dried. Does this hurt anything with the clamps? Is there an easy way to get it off now? Do I need to? Is there a way to prevent all this?

Thanks, Rick

I know I should post pics, but I don't have a digital camera here. And I'm already in such hot water and have a long probation with Tyler & the pic police, I figured one more time wouldn't add to my sentence. (See Off Topic Forum 6/6 where Tyler raided a Creeker Compound)