Quote Originally Posted by Terre Hooks
In case you haven't gotten the point yet, it is that clear example of the extreme exaggeration of backslapping that goes on here that many just can't hack.

Every member here will claim they are a grown, mature adult. That kind of conduct doesn't go on in normal everyday activities among adults.
Quote Originally Posted by Erik Rudd
My post was meant to convey that the entire board has that overall feel about it. In fact there is a feel that if your post isn't of the "backslapping, I'm so proud that you successfully tapped a 1/4x20 screw thread on your first try, that little boo boo scratch looks like it hurts" variety then you get placed on someones "ignore list". The whole board is like reading a Victorian novel...

Blah, blah, blah until you're fighting off sleep.....
So, since a vast majority of the members who actively post on this board seem to disagree what is the point? And what does it have to do with moderation? The members are making these posts you find so offensive, not the moderators.

You guys are talking about the atmosphere of the forum which has much more to do with the members than the moderators. If you didn't like the atmosphere of the resturaunt, would go you in anyway and complain about it? To quote Terre, "That kind of conduct doesn't go on in normal everyday activities among adults."

Quote Originally Posted by Erik Rudd
What's the big deal all he did was put a spoon of sugar in his tea?

Then the thread gets edited, locked or deleted, everyone else is offended and the dissenting poster is shunned.
Yep, several members would probably report the rude post and then the moderator would delete it. And then the thread probably wouldn't degrade into be seven pages of posts with personal insults flying back and forth.

I can't for the life of me figure out how someone would be "shunned" on this forum. The only way I can think of to "shun" someone would be for people to just plain not respond to an individual, and I don't see that happening here.