Thread: My Sawstop Blade Guard DC Solution...

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

My Sawstop Blade Guard DC Solution...

I have had quite a few PM's regarding my blade DC over the last year+....so here are some photos showing my Blade DC.

The guard is a Hammer/Felder 10" blade guard. It is about 1.5 " wide, and has a 50mm DC port on top. It attaches nicely to the SS riving knife. I believe the price was around $50 with shipping. Felder also makes a guard for a 12" blade -- I mention this because when the Blade IS ALL THE WAY UP.......it just nicks into the front of the guard....creating a little groove about 1/2" deep.

This still a THIN guard! THe standard SS guard lets you rip within 3/4" inch....so this still gets you to 1 1/4 ish......

The first few photos I used my Fein shop vac and it was very effective. After a while, I thought is was silly to have to turn on the vac And the Oneida Dust Gorilla, so I modified the 6" drop to run a 4" wye above the table. About 8' of 4" flex hose is used to get to the guard. The suction is excellent with very little dust (if any) on any CC or rip using the guard.

These photos are from last year....the top is still the same.....but the lower DC run to the cabinet is mostly 5" metal duct directly to the back of the cabinet -- then choked down to the 4" port. Most of you know the SS has a dedicated "DC Shroud" undeneath and goes directly up under the blade - a very good system.

One advantage of having some extra "slack" from the drop.....you can pull the hose off the guard and vacuum around on the TS top for general clean up when you're done for the day.

I'll try and show the shop vac photos first:
    Attached Images Attached Images