I got into turning pens just before Christmas .. more out of necessity than anything else, cuz we needed gifts for friends and family. I just stuck with the Mont Blanc style from Penn State, with rosewood being my favorite wood to use. We had a huge wind storm up here in Seattle, and our place was without power for 5 days. Thank goodness my neighbor loaned me a 'very' small generator, but as my wife said, it was big enough to run the refrigerator. Well, being a true woodworker (and desperate to get these pens done before Christmas ) I did the only reasonable thing ...... I unplugged the fridge and plugged in the lathe!! Really ticked off the neighbors who had no power whatsoever .. they'd drive up our pitch black street and there I was, merrily turning away. Oh well, like the mailman, neither rain nor sleet nor lack of power can stop a woodworker from his appointed 'rounds'! Anyway, now that all that's done and behind me I decided to try something a little different. My nephews from the Midwest sent me out a box of antlers, so I decided to try one in the Polaris style. I'm pretty pleased with it, but I'll let you guys be the final judges (man, am I ever setting myself up here!!!). Thanks for checking it out.
Antler.jpg
Happy New Years Guys!
Jim V