Oklahoma has a self defense act that allows one to carry a gun. I had considered going thru all the crap necessary to do this but decided I really don't want to carry a gun. The only handguns I really like are the revolvers, I have a Smith & Wesson .357 magnum with a 6 inch barrel, and I don't like the semi automatics at all. My revolver is way too big to carry and I mainly have that for home protection. So, I got thinking along the lines of a taser because in this day and age I think it is prudent to be prepared for a mugging or carjacking. I can no longer handle myself physically like I used to be able and I want some mechanical help that I really hope I would never have to use. Like the Toby Keith song goes, I ain't as good as I once was........

I don't like pepper sprays because they are too unreliable (some of them I know I can overcome myself) and I'm getting too old to rely on my flip out baton.

I did a Google search on tasers and found that there are at least three types available ranging from a thousand bucks down to three hundered. I really favor the $350 model, with the laser sight, mainly because I really don't want to spend more money than I have to.

Anyway, does anyone have any knowledge or practical experience with these devices? I would appreciate any input or insight that someone may be able to provide. Also, our local gun store doesn't sell them so if I do decide to buy one I will probably have to go the mail order route. A recommendation as to who is a reliable vendor would also be appreciated.