My day started pretty nicely with a visit from Earl Reid and his lovely wife Barbara. I had met them once before...waaay back when I first joined the Creek. In fact, Earl is the reason I joined the Creek in the first place. You might say he is the blame for ya'll having to put up with me.
We had a very nice chat, and Earl stumbled through the shop over my wood mountain obstructions. Earl brought along some bowls that he had made.....really inspirational. Especially the square bowl. I gotta do one of those. We need to force him into posting some pics!!! He also had a maple burl in his trunk that I tried to steal while he wasn't looking. I failed. It was a perfect weather day....bright sunshine, no wind, snow everywhere.
In addition to it already being a perfect morning, they also brought gifts! One pen for me, my wife, and one for each of the girls. A very thoughtful gift and everyone loved theirs. From left to right:
Juniper, Ambrosia Maple, Zebrawood, and a piece of an Ash cutoff from the Louisville Slugger bat factory. (I took the bat! )
Thanks for the visit Earl and Barbara. It was very nice of you to come by.
EarlAndBarbara.jpg Pens.jpg