Here's a question for some experienced cabinetmakers.

I'm building a traditional-style (close to Stickley) bookcase of red oak with glass doors and frame-and-panel cabinet construction. The basic plan calls for a back frame, two side frames, a bottom frame and a top frame. The front of the cabinet has a rail across the bottom with the glass doors above it.

You can see an exploded view of the design posted on 19 May, 2007, titled "Bookcase exploded view" at alt.binaries.pictures.woodworking.

Each frame is made with mortise and tennon joints with a panel free (unglued) inside the frame. I have no questions about how to build the frames. My question is about attaching the completed frames together to make the cabinet case. The plans call for joining the frames together to form the case with only a very few screws. The only glued joints holding the case together are mortise and tennons at the ends of the very narrow rail across the front of the cabinet.

I think the cabinet needs more than a few screws to hold it together. I want to glue all the frames together, possibly using biscuits. My understanding is that the frames in a cabinet move only a negligible amount. What would be wrong with glueing the back frame to the side frames and the top frame to both the side and back frames?

My question is: Will it hurt anything if I glue the completed frames together to make the cabinet case?

Thanks in advance.