I have a closed frame Jet 6" jointer that I would like to disassemble to check, clean, and oil the gib railways but I can't figure out how to remove either of the tables from the railway pyramid base structure.

I've removed the cutting head, loosened all the gib screws, and have removed the bolts that attach the unit to the stand so that I can get access to bottom of the table.

Under each table, I see two nuts -- a really large but shallow nut and a smaller more standard looking nut. I've taken off the standard nut which looks to be the pivot mechanism but the bolt stays in place. I don't have a socket large enough to tackle the larger nut.

Any guidance would be much appreciated! No other tool has frustated me more and I'm on a quest to give it one last comprehensive tune-up effort before writing it off as a lemon. I did find that the fence has a .014" variation so I'm sure that has been contributing to my woes but I'm not going to bother ordering a replacement unless I can get the tables coplanner.

Thanks.
-- John