Quote Originally Posted by Cliff Rohrabacher View Post
I’ve decided that Lowes has nothing I want to buy. This because in the last some months I have seen many Lowes TV commercials and every single one posits a male that is whipped, weak, sniveling, cowardly, and subordinate.

I don’t desire to waste my money on people who insult me as an avocation.
cliff--

i'm with you on these types of ads. they really annoy me.

but...

just saying that you are going to spend your money elsewhere will be as effective as holding your breath.

if you decide to shop elsewhere, you need to tell lowe's WHY you are shopping elsewhere.

unless you are a volume purchaser, it is highly unlikely that they will even know that you are gone.

if enough folks take the "shop elsewhere" approach, a local store may notice an impact, but the store will still have no idea as to what precipitated the change in revenue. was it a seasonal shift, or the phase of the moon?

the local stoer manager has no control over the corporate advertising strategy. but if you visited them, or wrote them a letter telling them why you were no longer shopping in their store, you might get their attention. and, they may address the issue upstream.

adressing a letter to the local store manager and copying a district manager, and/or the corporate office may also help.

don't just go away mad. tell them WHY!