Well,I lost my job a couple days ago. I've been in the car buisness as a car salesman for about 13 years and with a high-line for dealership for about a year.
They hired this hot-shot 32 yr. old as a sales manager and I have squared off with him from day one. It finally came to a full confrontation and he went over the head of General Manager to the owner to get it done.
My fault, I knew it would come to it. My wife is mad at me because of my big mouth, and my inability to keep it shut when I'm upset.
The reality is I'm not very upset about it ,past the fact it never comes at a good time financially. The truth is, I'm burned out from from the car buisness. I started selling cars when I was 40 yrs. old and I'm 53 now.
I've had enough.
I do not want to be chasing people around the lot at 60 yrs. old, and it's not what I ever thought I would end up doing with my life.

So, the purpose of my post is... now what?

I do not ant yet another sales job in the car business. I've always loved woodworking and I'm leaning towards seeing if it would be possible to make a living at it?
I think I have above average abilities, can make almost anything, ( except turning). I am experienced in sales and marketing so I thinkI have that side of the equation .
I have made cabinets, furniture, boats, boxes etc. My shop is better equipped than some pros I've seen.
My thoughts are to manufacture a line of several products and market them with a web site. I do not want to go into custom cabinets because I feel that I cannot compete with local cabinet shops and I do not want to build huge projects, that take weeks to complete.
Im leaning towards products that I have made as gifts for friends before, jewerly boxes, wine boxes, and a custom watch box that I made for a friend who collects antique watches.
Do any of you have expierence in woodworking as a living and what products do you think would be good sellers?

Here's a pic of my shop.