Thread: Curly Cherry King Size Bed w/pics

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Curly Cherry King Size Bed w/pics

Here is the bed I finished up yesterday. I was in a huge hurry to get it set up so I didn't take any pics of it before it was installed. Needless to say, I was sick of sleeping on the floor. Nothing like starting your day by having to fight gravity. I prefer it to work in my favor when getting out of bed (My wife has been waiting for this bed frame since early April. The main reason for my haste.)

The design is my own so I have no idea what style it would be called. Shaker furniture is the standard in my home, but I haven't found anything in the Shaker style that I thought would look good in a king size bed. So I drew up some ideas and came up with this. A bit of an Asian/So-Cal Surfboard look??? I don't know. I'll let you be the judge.

The four frame legs are 1 7/8 and all the rails are 1 5/8 to give it extra heft. The frame is held together with bolts that I finished with gun blue and sprayed with lacquer.

There are three angled "legs" (1 3/4" square) in back of the actual headboard, only two of which you can see. I didn't like the look of the center leg showing, so I cut it off far enough down so that you can't see it. Sorry I don't have any pics of the back. The legs are held on by two bolts per leg.

Anyway, it was a fun project to finally get done. Best of all, the mattress sits a glorious 31" off the ground!

Blessings!
    Attached Images Attached Images