I've got some help coming over tonight to get epoxy spread on a big glue-up. Unfortunately it's projected to drop in temperature here (40's-50's) below the min. cure temp for the slow hardener (60 deg.) It's been record hot temps lately so I've been able to get other parts epoxied with no problems. Using the fast hardener for a lower min temp isn't really an option as there wont be enough open time.
So I'm thinking of putting drop cloths down in the family room, and moving this inside tonight. I'm using West epoxy and while it's not exactly Summer Breeze air freshener scent, I haven't found it overpowering. I checked West's site to make sure this wouldn't be a problem with the gas fireplace unit that heats the room.
WEST SYSTEM epoxy resin and hardeners are classified non-flammable, because their flash points are greater than 200°F and they evaporate slowly. Furnaces, wood stoves, and other heat sources do not pose a serious fire hazard in the presence of epoxy vapors.
I can shut that room off from the rest of the house and open all the windows after a few days. I'm not sure I've got any other options, but anybody done something like this inside? Any problem getting epoxy smell out after a good airing?