Fantastic News from Rockler Corporation

Rockler Corporation has decided to join the Freedom Pen Project and to sponsor a 34 store Nation-wide Turn-A-Thon on June 26th, 2004. In addition Rockler has their Public Relations Group working to help us promote the Freedom Pen Project and to gain additional media attention.. I have had several phone calls this week with their representative and the entire Rockler Organization is behind their company's effort to promote Freedom Pens and show their support for our sons and daughters who serve in harms way.

I know how much this means to all of you who have worked so hard to make the Freedom Pen Project such a big success in such a short period of time. To all of you who have worked so hard turning pens, collecting donations and contacting the media to gain support for this project I can only say thank you for your dedication and loyalty. The corporations that join us are recognising your dedication and support of this worthy project, this and the emails we have been receiving from our military who serve and protect us every day is your reward for overcoming the odds and making the Freedom Pens Project a reality.

Now I will once again ask for your help!

Anyone who lives in the vicinity of a Rockler Store please contact the Manager and offer to assist them in any way you can to prepare for the June 26th Turn-A-Thon. They will need help contacting Woodworking Guilds and Groups to co-sponsor each of the Rockler Stores Turn-A-Thons. They may ask you to serve as an event coordinator or in some other capacity and I'm sure you will all volunteer to assist. Rockler is in the planing stages right now and is also contacting tool and equipment manufacturers to ask them to donate drawing and door prizes for each stores event. Anyone who has a connection with any supplier and would be willing to contact them and ask for their support for our Nation-Wide Turn-A-Thon please help us out. Obviously we hope that this huge event will help us gain national exposure in the media and attract more woodworkers who would be willing to join the Freedom Pen Project.

Our new interactive web site is within two weeks of being online and will be instrumental in helping us to share information and program statistics more efficiently with those who are not members of SawMill Creek. We also hope that we will be able to promote our events in a more timely manner and to help each of you share your input and communicate with others who need your help. Behind the scenes we are working very hard to find ways that will allow everyone to get involved and to serve in any capacity that you feel comfortable.

Now let's give Rockler Corporation a proper Welcome to the Freedom Pens Project!