This inquiry goes out primarily to the wood-turners out there. LOML has given me the "thumbs up" for a chainsaw purchase. Mainly, because she wants a bunch of vagrant trees growing in an area she'd like to put her garden in. Nothing big, so a small saw would do. BUT, I'd also prefer something with enough gusto for some serious blank cutting, as in, burls found on felled or downed trees. I've pretty much decided on Stihl for the flavor, but now it's, what size should I buy? Most of them come with the 16" bar and that's what's recommended by Stihl, until you get into the MS290 or better range. Will a 16" bar suffice for most blank-making and extrication of said burls? Yeah, I realize it depends on many other variables, but I guess I'm asking for "real world" experience. If the majority finds 16" suitable for the bulk of blank cutting, so be it. If I should need to go to 18' or 20" bars, then I think I'd have to go for a bigger saw. I'd rather not, as they start to get quite a bit heavier then. Recommendations?