Making a small box for a gift and making a pass on the jointer.... my left hand somehow slipped slightly and my lefy pinky went you know where.
Doing something I've done 1,000's of times, it wasn't a skinny nor short nor thin board( 6" X 18" X 1/2" walnut)... safety gaurd in place, using push blocks... right as I was transferring pressure to the outfeed table I 1/2 dropped the push block and made the mistake of trying to catch it. Resulting in removing enough flesh at about a 45 degree angle from tip to base of the pinky. I got to see the tip of the bone and a bunch of the tip of that finger. 1/100th of a second is all it takes or took.
It'll heal fine, hurts like a few unmentionable explitives (cause I refuse pain killers).....
Be careful all the time. Accidents are just around the corner & 1/100th of a second is more than long enough. Still got all 10 and keeping them.
Not to stir up a Sawstop debate, but a new TS in in the upgrade list in 08 & there's a new leader of the pack for me....

Be safe.

Greg