I'm in the market for a new table saw. Ideally, I'd like a left tilt saw, as it's what I'm used to using. I'd strongly prefer a North American made saw and motor. I'm coming from a Craftsman contractors saw, and want something on the opposite end of the spectrum. Smooth, quiet, and accurate. Thus, I've tentatively narrowed my search to the PM66 and the General 650.

I did almost purchase a SawStop, but decided against it at the last moment due to a variety of reasons. I would prefer a saw with a riving knife, but there are none that I'm aware of that meet my above criteria.

Does anyone have direct experience with both the PM66 and the 350/650-T50? Unfortunately, I do not have a dealer close that has both available to look at.

I'm sure either saw would be adequate for my needs, but I'd like to know if there are any reasons that I should go with one over the other. The prices seem to be very close these days. I'm interested in things such as slop/lash in the adjustment wheels, ease of adjustment, miter slot slop, overall sturdiness, etc.

I've heard Powermatic may have better parts availability than General, especially since i'm in Florida. However, that could be changing, considering Powermatic is now WMH and who knows how much longer they'll even be building the PM66.

Any other thoughts would be appreciated.