Hey all,

I have seen many of you build your own cabinets. I would like to start with some shop cabinets and do not know how to get started. I have seen norm do his and some of your alls pictures, but I really do not know what to make them out of, or dimensions or what. Should I just use my kitchen cabinets for dimensions or is there a standard I should shoot for? I have searched and read as much as I can here on the forum but am still a little confused. Just a couple of questions:

1. What type of plywood do you make them out of. I assume 3/4 but do you get it with a nice veneer like walnut, cherry, etc.? Or do I just pick up some birch ply at home depot?

2. On the doors, for the floating panel, what do you use for that panel? Just a really thin veener type wood or what?

I'm sure I'll have more questions, and I have to finish my wife's coffee table first, but I am hoping in the next couple of weeks to get started on them...I just ordered a ZCI and Freud pro. dado 6" blade set for my Powermatic TS in anticipation of doing some stuff like this, also looking to make a bookcase. I am really curious about this veneer plywood, ever since i took my coffee table top to the cabinet shop to get sanded. The stuff was gorgeous, it was a 4X8 sheet of plywood that looked as good or better than my 4/4 walnut solid wood top I imagine I can't pick this up at the local box store, where would I get it? Thanks for any help.

jason