My wife emailed a local cable station and suggested that my woodturning might be the subject on a local interest 30 minute talk show late last year. The host wrote back and said that her 2007 schedule was full but that she would possibly call in 2008. Well, she didn't wait long into 2008. She called today and we're shooting next Tuesday.

The kicker is, she wanted to do the shoot in MY SHOP, or as she called it, my studio. Needless to say, I haven't exactly been cleaning up behind myself for the last few turning sessions and there are shavings and dust everywhere. I've just spent quite a bit of time working towards finding the floor and I guess tomorrow night I get to try to find the top of my workbench. I did do a lot of culling and filled a trash bag with stuff that my usual pack rat mind would say, "Hmm, I'll use that someday." I also took the time to unclog my dust collector pipes so I could use it to clean up some shavings.

Now, I just hope she doesn't come all fancied up in a nice dress or suit. She'll have a rude awakening when I start throwing chips around. I'm going to have to email her and warn her. Anyway, I'm excited and looking forward to seeing the show. Oh, and just one more time...

I'M GONNA BE ON TV

and it ain't cops this time.