Over the past two weeks, I've been working hard to get the cabinetry ready for the wet bar area in our new addition. While I normally document my projects with large numbers of photos, this time around, I apologize...there just wasn't time for it. But most folks have seen cabinet boxes go together in my other projects so not much is lost in this case. The only things I did differently for this project were the following:
  1. For the base cabinets, I did an experiment and veneered BB ply with rift sawn cherry after edge banding it. Trimming the edges of the face veneers cleanly was difficult, but fortunately repairable. Next time I try this, it will be with solid cherry as a substrate
  2. For the uppers, I built them with 1/2" cherry VC plywood, rather than the heavier 18mm-3/4" BB ply. I also got a chance to use my shop-built shelve pin hole jig made from the NYW plans...a reflection of the expensive aluminum MEG jig. I can tell you that I'm very much in favor of building uppers with the lighter material in the future!
So here are a few pictures from the BLOG (which is why they are annotated) I still have to build doors and drawers, but that will have to wait on something else. The lower doors will have the same cherry crotch panels as the vanities and the uppers will likely have glass in them. I needed to get these cabinet carcasses in "now" as the painters are starting Monday and the fit was very tight.

cabs-14.jpg

cabs-16.jpg

cabs-17.jpg

cabs-18.jpg

cabs-19.jpg