Background - my house is 55 years ols and the electrical leaves something to be desired.

THere are no open breakers, and I wanted to add a receptacle on a wall in my basement for my transition to a workshop. After familiarizing my self with most of the breakers and remarking them I found that many of them encompass multiple floors (i.e. the main lighting in the basement is on the same breaker as the dining room?? don't ask..) ANyway I found a breaker going to a lonely receptacle in an area between the garage and finished sction of the basement. I did not have an extra receptcle so I shut the breaker off and proceeded to disconnect the "lonely" receptacle, freeing up 1 - 15 amp breaker.

I then ran some wire to the junction box which feeds the overhead lighting and is controlled by a switch at the top of the steps. Ran the wire to a storage area underneath the steps and connected the receptacle. This being my first box electical box install I cut the hole a "smidge" to big - easy fix: I'm gonig to add a 2nd receptacle for a total of 4 outelts. 1 for a bench grinder and 1 for a Delta DP 200.

Couple questions.

1. Can I run electric from the 1st receptacle to the 2nd(daisy chained)?

2. Will a 15 amp breaker be enough for 2 overhead lights flourescents, the grinder and the DP 200 considering neither the grinder nor the DP will ever be run simultaneously?

3. Since the 15 amp breaker has been freed up and is now powering nothing can I remove the dead wire and just leave the breaker off?