Thread: I do actually do 'woodworking' and not just post here all the time..

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

I do actually do 'woodworking' and not just post here all the time..

Today I put on some finishing touches on the NYW router table that I built. In truth, it didn't come out to my expectations - the plans are great! - but my execution was lacking. It looks OK in the pictures, but the lack of squareness on the front is rather annoying to me as the drawers all end up looking a little cockeyed. Next time I'll be more attentive and careful to that kind of stuff.

In retrospect, I learned a couple of really important points (for me):
    - USE GOOD PLYWOOD
    - DRY FIT

My lack of both of these led to a disappointing assembly process. I think part of this was working from a plan... I cut everything pretty much dead to nuts on the plan except for a couple of little dimensions. Those, in combination with less than stellar plywood led to a few of the fits being less than perfect. When I don't work from a plan, I tend to cut things to fit as I go and the end result seems to come out better..

Oh well, live and learn! Most importantly, though, the router table's function isn't sacrificed at all and it should work well in cutting the drawer pulls for those 34 drawers in the background of the 2nd picture. That's now this week's project.

-Chris
    Attached Images Attached Images