A few months ago I posted a few questions around re-building my shop. The long story short I have a 24x30 pole building that is 30+ years old that I'm tearing down and replacing it with a stick built structure. The existing building has just enough problems with non pressure treated poles, aging siding, home made trusses, and leaky roof that I was not comfortable putting the money it would require into it and still have a compromised infrastructure.

So for the last couple of months I have been emptying the existing structure in preparation to tear it down and build the new one. I will have a before and after photo of the scope of that one piece of the project Monday. (just need to figure out how to post pictures)

Monday demolition starts and and I'm told 4-6 weeks for completion depending on how long it takes me to do my part (electrical).

As I'm not excited about standing on concrete when I'm out in the shop I'm considering putting in a wood floor over the top of the concrete. My current approach is to lay down plastic sheeting 2x4 sleepers laying flat anchored to the concrete on 16" centers with hard foam insulation between sleepers plastic sheeting over the top of that with 1 1/8 " tounge and groove plywood over the top of that.

I plan to use some of the 4x6 posts from the pole building as studs in part of one wall where I will be hanging my brackets for lumber storage.

The walls will be insulated to R21 and the ceiling R38. Walls will be 2x6 sheeted, vapor wrapped and sheeted with T 111 no groove with bats for a board and bat look on 16" centers to cover seams and nails

I'm using drywall initially for walls and 10' ceiling. Later I may put up some sort of wood paneling or ply 4' to 8' up from the floor. I want to see how bad I trash the drywall.

I will be placing outlets every four feet around the room on four different circuits alternating outlets in two different directions from the panel. they will be placed above 4' from the floor. 220 as needed for compressor, dust collection with 220 and 110 drops to machinery in the middle of the room.

Lighting will be three rows of 8 two tube T8 fixtures. Task lights as needed.

Windows will be high on the two long walls like a pole building. 8' wide x 9' high insulated roll up door.

Will be adding a bump out for a small bathroom with toilet and laundry style sink.

Okay with that said do I need to consider doing something different? Now is the time guys, if I need to be thinking about something I'm not.

Thanks for your input,