Thread: Simple BR TV Stand..

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Simple BR TV Stand..

Simple Bedroom TV Stand...
    Another of my simple designs in an attempt to match the bed and 6 drawer chest I made for my wife. This is the simple piece of the puzzle that will also include a chest on chest. But.. simple in execution does not always relate to simple in design and can lead to frustration.

The design is straight-forward but I became frustrated with the concept of making a modern, small TV blend with the over-all concept. I had to grit my teeth before forcing myself to cut holes in the rear dust shield to allow electrical cords to pass through. That goes against my grain as I suppose I am some-what "old-school". How do you make a TV blend into the picture... you don't IMO and compromise.

So.. another domestic harmony decision was made and I cut the holes as my lovely insisted. So... what you see is what you get. The good news is you don't see them from most normal angles. The bad news is they are there and I know they are there.

Another of my Southern Cross inspired creations from local wood and Hazard County, Georgia (home of the Duke's which includes Daisy) inspiration. Solid wood.. all joints with exception of 6 screws for top fastening.. Mortises are machine cut with tenons hand sawed. Secret mitered DT's (which can't be seen) on mitered base corners.

In other words.. more "junk" from me to blend with my other "junk". My ability with a camera and lighting distorts reality somewhat... but I have accepted that as just the way it is... with my camera and my knowledge of how to use it.

Now.. I can go build some more "junk".

Sarge..
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by John Thompson; 06-09-2008 at 1:01 PM.