Link to photos at bottom..

These are the types of closeup photos I might have liked to see before my purchase of this saw, as I wasn't able to get a first hand look at one during my research. That said I'm 100% satisfied so far and have so much appreciation for the quality and build of this saw. Customer support has also been very helpful regarding some questions I had about electrics/wiring. I basically ended up having a conversation with the guy who gave me a series of suggestions/tips in operating the saw. A couple things he pointed out:

1. Get used to using the bypass mode to test woods that might be higher in moisture or woods such as some types of cedar that have a high oil content. Also he said there were a select few synthetic laminates that have a metal content high enough to activate the brake, so whenever in doubt test the material in bypass mode. 2. Make sure a US nickel can slide EASILY between the blade tooth closest to the cartridge and the cartridge. Upon delivery I could fit the nickel in there but only with a bit of a push, so I made a slight adjustment. Also he said the diameter of a standard wooden pencil is a good way to measure how far the riving knife should be from the blade. He said better to have it a bit too far away than a bit to close. An example of why is if one is cutting a large sheet of plywood which is forcefully pushed into the blade and it moves (I can't see myself ever doing this), you want to make sure it has some room to move without getting close enough to the riving knife that the brake is activated. Hopefully that makes sense; it's kind of hard to explain without having the thing in front of me to point to.

Well here are the photos with splitter and blade guard attached. Riving knife comes installed; I just made the switch to get a feel for the guard.
I was going to insert the images but they have large file sizes so here's the link:
http://www.flickr.com/photos/26883925@N07/