Thread: Jessem Mast-R-Lift insert rings

Jessem Mast-R-Lift insert rings

I have had a Mast-R-Lift for some time and am very happy with it -- except for the limited size choices for the insert rings. The Pinnacle insert sets at Woodcraft look nice (phenolic or aluminum), and have a lot more choices. Does anybody have any idea whether these rings will fit the Jessem table? They look close, but close doesn't count. Otherwise, maybe I will just have to buy some of the blank inserts and make my own. The Pinnacle set just looks like a nicer and cheaper solution.

Thanks

Blog Entries
    The Pinnacle line is the same product line as (here's a good pic of the edges) the Woodpecker: PRL, Quick-Lift and such, re-badged. Unless something has changed at Jess-Em, the rings are not interchangeable.
    "A hen is only an egg's way of making another egg".

– Samuel Butler

Quote Originally Posted by glenn bradley View Post
    The Pinnacle line is the same product line as (here's a good pic of the edges) the Woodpecker: PRL, Quick-Lift and such, re-badged. Unless something has changed at Jess-Em, the rings are not interchangeable.
    OK. Thank You.

jessem/Xacta

I have the Xacta lift (made by Jessem) and I don't have the other 3 rings for the inserts. Would the Jessem rings from woodcraft work on the Xacta lift? If anyone knows any info, I would appreciate it!
    Thanks,

All of the Rousseau stuff is made by Jessem. May be worth a look.
    Dewey

"Everything is better with Inlay or Marquetry!"

Has anybody found nice metal insert rings for the JessEm yet? I don't care for the phenolic. The one that came with my lift is fine and fits perfect but every pack of the "four piece insert rings" I have looked at don't fit near as nice. They lock in but they aren't a nice smooth transition from the lift to the ring like the one that came with it was. The replacements all usually have a high and a low side or two low sides or what not. So if your sliding something along it might (and it does) catch. If they where all just high I could sand them but that's not the case. Its not just my lift either. My dad's is the same way and so was the demo in Rockler I was looking at yesterday trying to find a perfect set of inserts.

Maybe I'm too picky but I paid good money for the lift and at $30 for the inserts on top of what I paid for the lift they should be perfect. Has anyone else noticed this?

Quote Originally Posted by Dave Haughs View Post
    .... The one that came with my lift is fine and fits perfect but every pack of the "four piece insert rings" I have looked at don't fit near as nice. They lock in but they aren't a nice smooth transition from the lift to the ring like the one that came with it was. ...
    I bought a set of these and have found the same thing Dave notices. Rather poor elevation match.
    Tom Veatch
    Wichita, KS
    USA

I used my Jessum rings yesterday for the first time and I had to use a malet on the wrench to get them to twist into the lock position. The original ring works very easily. I am really dissapointed in the additional 4 ring set. I am considering returning them to woodcraft.

Well I sent a message to JessEm. If I hear back I will post up. I keep scratching my head wondering why the ring that came with the lift is so nice but the others are different. I would have expected them to come from the same production facility, one mold for the blanks then drill them out.... what do I know though.

Well I still haven't heard back from Jess-em but I was at Woodcraft today and they had the blank inserts in stock (and on sale due to the woodshow) so I tried them in a table they had there and they seemed fine so I bought them to try them and they all fit great. Go figure... Not sure what is going on with the ones with holes in them but I guess I'll just have to make my own holes....

I'll post up if I ever hear anything back from Jess-Em.