Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Craftsman table saw model 113.298051

Quote Originally Posted by john bateman View Post
    The accessories were worth what you paid. The saw was free.

That's what I thought when I first saw the Craiglist ad. I was just hoping that it was as good as it sounded. Turns out it was.

Thanks for all of your support guys.
    Your endgrain is like your bellybutton. Yes, I know you have it. No, I don't want to see it.

Well then let me be the first

Congratulations on the score. A previous poster stole my thinder, you paid for those accessories and got the saw for free. You made a great choice, and

YOU SUCK.

Nice score,
    I had a similar situation and a similar result.I out grew my direct drive saw and replaced it with a Delta belt drive.I had to wait about 6 months before found it though.Im glad you didnt have to wait.

Very nice Zack, it looks like a good find........Rod.

You got an excellent deal. Great Craiglslist find!

Thumbs up

Quote Originally Posted by Zach Dillinger View Post
    That's what I thought when I first saw the Craiglist ad. I was just hoping that it was as good as it sounded. Turns out it was.

Thanks for all of your support guys.
    Sweet deal for $150! That saw merits a nice new blade!

Congrats!
    Happiness is like wetting your pants...everyone can see it, but only you can feel the warmth....

Thanks

Thanks guys. The Ridgid fence that came with the saw seems to work ok, but I could definitely see myself upgrading the fence system soon. I've heard that the Delta T-2 is a good fence, but the Biesemeyer seems to be the industry standard. With what I paid for the saw, I figure I can splurge and get the Biesemeyer and still be under the cost of a new saw.

Is there any rational reason for getting the Biesemeyer instead of the the Delta? Is it worth the increased price?

Thanks for all of your help.

Zach
    Your endgrain is like your bellybutton. Yes, I know you have it. No, I don't want to see it.

did you happen to meet the guy on the street and get the stuff off the back of a truck? Wow, I would pay more than $150 just for what is on the table....IMPRESSIVE!
    Last edited by Jason Whitaker; 01-14-2009 at 1:09 PM. Reason: spelling

A quote from Kung Fu Panda "You suck worse than anyone in the history of sucking!"

lol

Quote Originally Posted by James Carmichael View Post
    A quote from Kung Fu Panda "You suck worse than anyone in the history of sucking!"
    Gee, thanks, I think...

Nope, legit

Quote Originally Posted by Jason Whitaker View Post
    did you happen to meet the guy on the street and get the stuff off the back of a truck? Wow, I would pay more than $150 just for what is on the table....IMPRESSIVE!
    Lol, nope, met the guy in his garage and had to move the kid's bikes, kiddie pool, etc. so I could get to the saw to disassemble it. The saw had some rust on the table but it polished up nicely.

Zach

Zack:

Sweet saw and set-up! I'm more than a little jealous of your good fortune.

I'd say don't chuck the old saw. With a 10-inch sanding disk, you might be able to convert it to a reasonable disk sander. ...At least for "rough" sanding.

Just a thought.

Dave P.

Quote Originally Posted by Zach Dillinger View Post
    Thanks guys. The Ridgid fence that came with the saw seems to work ok, but I could definitely see myself upgrading the fence system soon. I've heard that the Delta T-2 is a good fence, but the Biesemeyer seems to be the industry standard. With what I paid for the saw, I figure I can splurge and get the Biesemeyer and still be under the cost of a new saw.

Is there any rational reason for getting the Biesemeyer instead of the the Delta? Is it worth the increased price?

Thanks for all of your help.

Zach
    The Biese is a great fence. Overall, its more robust, heavier duty, has a bit nicer fit and finish, and is likely less prone to flex when heavy pressure is applied than the T2, but at regular retail there's a big price difference that I wouldn't spring for if it was my money. The T2 is more than "good nuff" and is the better value for hobby work on a contractor saw IMO.
    Happiness is like wetting your pants...everyone can see it, but only you can feel the warmth....