Hmmm...I think I'd offer to buy it back at a discount to what he paid for it based on the inconvenience he's caused you and then sell it again...for your original price or better.

Here's my best Craigslist story...

A "nice enough" guy came over to look at a Ridgid 3650 table saw that I was selling. Asks all sorts of questions about how to set it up, what types of blades to use, how to improve dust collection...the works...then I had to make some test cuts for him so that he could see how it ran (I wouldn't let him do the cuts).

After about 45 minutes, he asks me if I'd be interested in swapping for his fence. I wasn't and asked why he'd want it...yep...he already had a 3650 and broke the plastic lever on his fence off...nice...as I was walking him down the driveway, he asked if I would make him a deal on the ZCI's for it since whoever was going to buy my saw wouldn't miss them...

I've sold a fair amount of stuff through Craigslist and have had to deal with a few flakes, but for the most part, I still think its one of the most effective outlets for the occaisional seller.