Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Why are some of this simplest things so hard?

old is the same, only with no square, level, or plumb joints or surfaces.

Quote Originally Posted by Robert Parrish View Post
    We sent a man to the moon but we can't make a toilet that doesn't leak!!

Sure can!
    It's called an Outhouse.
    No water required. But you might need to hold your nose in the summertime.

Everything I do to my house ends up as a problem - plumbing included. This past week I tore out all of the old cast iron sanitary line above my basement floor and reinstalled / reconfigured with sch. 40 PVC so I could add a second bathroom up on the second floor.
    Nothing I ever do is easy, and it always requires multiple trips to the store.
    It’s only work if somebody makes you do it.
    A day can really slip by when you're deliberately avoiding what you're supposed to do.
    Duct tape is like the force. It has a light side, a dark side and it binds the universe together.

Sonny,
    Don't forget the bug spray for the wasps, black widows and don't forget the Sears & Roebuck catalog.
    The incidences of black widow bites dropped approximately 90% with the installation of indoor plumbing in California and the plumbing problems began.
    David B

But which is worse, the spider bite or the plumbing?

Regards, Colin

ps. If I did plumbing, I would have to charge $200 and hour, and I said that 20 years ago. I guess with inflation, I better up that to $500.
    Where's the beef.

"Don't forget the bug spray for the wasps, black widows and don't forget the Sears & Roebuck catalog.
    The incidences of black widow bites dropped approximately 90% with the installation of indoor plumbing in California and the plumbing problems began"

There was not any bug spray and any pages that showed any ladies garments which included full girdles as scampy were imediately torn out by the women of the house. The rest of the pages went I believe as follows. Mens clothe's, etc, etc, them tools.

We had DDT in a pump sprayer and the lovely ladies modeling underwear were not removed from our catalogs.
    David B

Quote Originally Posted by Gary Herrmann View Post
    Tim, if it makes you feel any better - when I put new toilets in last year, I forgot to take the rag out of the hole the first time. I remembered it as I was tightening the last bolt...
    Thank goodness I'm not the only one!

Wes

PS When I pulled the old toilet to replace the wax ring last week I didn't put a rag in - experience does teach us sometimes.

I went on an emergency job one time. The guy was replacing his toilet seat with a hammer and chisel. Broke the toilet in half. Shut-off didn't work. Talk about a mess.