Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Shop Tour Tonight - Feel free to post yours as well.

I just hate it people have horizontal surfaces with nothin' on 'em!!!!

Nice.

Quote Originally Posted by Jim Eller View Post

Nice.
    So I'm not the only one? I was about to say that wall is begging for some natural light to let in.

I like how your racks are all stickered and they're piled pretty high (only 3 tiers per wall from what I can see from the pics). I was gonna make 4-5 tiers but now I"m rethinking things, thanks again for posting!
    There are 10 types of people in the world, those who understand binary and those who don't.

In the foothills of the NM Sandia Mountains
    Nice shop Mike!
    Your mobile base under the miter saw station is huge!
    Please help support the Creek.

"The older I get, the better I used to be."
    Lee Trevino

Yet another use for a Rigid MSUV. Never though about putting dovetail jigs on it. Its a great stand isn't it? I have a Bosch 12" CMS on mine.

I've thought about getting another one for other uses but haven't done so yet. Caught mine on sell at HD last spring for $100. The sell didn't last long at that price, I keep checking back but their still at the regular price of $165.

I was starting to get an envy complex until I saw the before picture. I feel better now. LOL Nice shop

I like teh Bosch T4B better for a SCMS stand. BUT The Ridgid MSUV stand is REALLY nice and better for multi use. I had the MSUV for use as a portable workbench, planer stand, off cut table and out feed support. Many uses. I like adding the FMT to the omnijig/MSUV as well!!

The base the miter saw is on is a data center server desk/rack frame (WriteLine actually) on its side that I made into a huge rectangular table. Using the adjustable holes and shelf pieces, I made pieces that lock the table rectangle frame together. I made a shelf out of plywood and laminated it. I cut a Jet mobile base in half and bolted one side to each end of the rack.

I originally had the two ball bearing chests on it with a router table top. I wanted a different router table setup so I took the top off (put it on a Kreg stand) and recently put two thicknesses of Melamine on the top resting on the frame bars. I bolted the Hitachi saw on the shelves. I then built the tables and added the Kreg Top Track and stops. Then added my dorm fridge and installed remote controlled lights above the tables.

Before:

After:

Glad its my shop I am responsible for - I only have to make me happy.

Quote Originally Posted by Jim Eller View Post

Nice.

After tonight - hope to have some vise/dovetail cutting clamping stations for my class.
    Glad its my shop I am responsible for - I only have to make me happy.

excellent shop. like the clamping station

lou

Nice, it's good to see a shop that looks like someone works in it. The only thing wrong is you have way to many machines. You can cure this by sending some of them to me.
    Charlie Jones

You got some nice toys, nice space.

Kelvin

Hi- I'm new to this site and was taking a look around. After seeing your shops, my heart is bleeding! Besides being new to this site, I'm new to woodworking...let alone carpentry! I'm hoping I can call on your experience and humor. Welcome to my humble shop...I bet it's the cutest shop you've ever seen!
    Karen
    No job too small - but some jobs too big!

Kool Karen.......Wha'cha building?
    Women are like phones. They love to be held and talked to, but if you press the wrong buttons you'll get disconnected!

Life is one fool thing after another whereas love is two fool things after each other

Thanks Mike-

What I would give to have a shop like the ones above!!! SPACE!!! TOOLS!!! WOOOOOOOOD!!!! Got any to spare?

I WAS making a drawer. It came out a bit to narrow . I wanted to use it for something so I ended up making a storage place for my clamps. I don't know how it happened...but I have WAY too many of those - It's probably because I work alone and have short arms and fingers! How I envy those with long ones!

Question for you - my "cabinet" (for lack of a better word) with the clamps is very heavy. I reinforced the back with some pine slabs I had. Will this be to heavy for a wall? I'm in a very old home and the walls are really thick. But I rent and hate to damage anything unnescessarily.

Thanks!
    Karen

Mike - I need a mentor myself. Just wish I'd known you so that I could have helped to organize this. I'm a world famous organizer and working in a shop like that would be heaven! But that's only in my dreams!
    Karen

Mike,

What kind of floor do you have? It looks like vinyl.
    ALL STANDARD DISCLAIMERS APPLY: IIRC. YMMV. IMHO. FWIW. SYOB. NO WARRANTIES, EXPRESSED OR IMPLIED, ARE MADE
    THAT INFORMATION CONTAINED IN THIS POST IS ACCURATE, RELIABLE OR APPROPRIATE FOR ANY PARTICULAR SITUATION.