Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Electrical Panel Tags

Quote Originally Posted by Bob Cole View Post
    I have a method to give the beveled look with the laser but it takes forever to run the tags.
    If you raster to provide the beveled look, it will take a long time. I use the contour tool to add a couple of hairlines inside the cut line. Only takes a second or two and still adds the "frame" that beveling gives. I also like this because you can round the corners for a little nicer look too.
    Scott Challoner
    30W LaserPro Spirit (Need more power)
    30W Wisely Fiber Galvo

Bob,

Good question, how do I bevel edges with a laser? You have any quick tips on that you do not mind sharing?

I will go search the other posts for the Textures and their pains. I have lots of reading to do...so much to learn. I am so glad I found this site, you folks are the greatest. You will being hearing lots from me.
    Chuck
    __________________________________________________ ____________________
    ULS M-360 50 Watt, Corel X3, Signlab 7.1, Photograv 2.0, Adobe CS3, Summa D-60, Sandblasting (for engraving Granite Monuments/Memorials)

Thanks I will try that.
    Chuck
    __________________________________________________ ____________________
    ULS M-360 50 Watt, Corel X3, Signlab 7.1, Photograv 2.0, Adobe CS3, Summa D-60, Sandblasting (for engraving Granite Monuments/Memorials)

Someone here suggested adding a 4.0 point line on top of a hair line for beveling. I've been doing that with great results. Scott is right though, It would probably double or even triple your engraving time. It's OK with one or two parts but with a whole sheet I'd have to look at some other way.
    Brian Robison
    MetalMarkers
    Epilog Mini
    Rabbit 1290

Johnson Plastics sells a Quality One Model 17 Beveler for about $800.00

I would just set up a Router Table with a bit.

AL
    1 Laser, 4 CarveWrights, Star 912 Rotary, CLTT, Sublimation, FC7000 Vinyl, 911 Signs, Street Signs, Tourist Products and more.
    Home of the Fire Department "Epoxy Dome Accountability Tag and Accountability Boards".

Bob, we use a beveler that Johnson Plastics sells. Also New Hermes has one. Large volume of tags can be engraved and then cut out with a rotary engraver also. This gives them a beveled edge when cut out.

If you expect to be doing a lot of name tags/control panel labels the beveler is worth it's weight in gold.

Sometimes you can find used ones on ebay.

If I were buying a new one it would be the Quality One from Johnson's.
    Mike Null

St. Louis Laser, Inc.

Trotec Speedy 300, 80 watt
    Gravograph IS400
    Woodworking shop CLTT and Laser Sublimation
    Dye Sublimation
    CorelDraw X5, X7

I lucked into a beveler. When I was hired 9 years ago the hospital I work at, had a old man that worked as a volunteer. He did all the engraving on a rotary engraver. He past away and no one knew how to run the machines. I got my laser a year later and have done all the engraving (I do very little for them) at home though my business. As the machines were not being used they asked if I wanted them or they were going to be trashed. Since I hate to though things away, guess where they are.
    EPILOG LEGEND 32 60 WATT, CORELDRAWX5, PhotoGraV2.11, strip heater, PUNTA GORDA, FLORIDA