Thread: sell jet Sharpener and get worksharp 3k?

sell jet Sharpener and get worksharp 3k?

I have a Jet grinder with base and some attachments I bought a year ago. everything is still unopened. I am new to sharpening and was wondering if I should sell and pick up a WS 3000. I will be sharpening mostly chisels and plane irons. I also will sharpen lathe tools. What will be the easiest for a beginner? how would the Worksharp do with lathe tools? Or are they different enough to just add a WS3000? Any thoughts?

The worksharp is super easy to use for chisels and lathe tools. It gets a little trickier with blades that are sharpened on both sides but this machine will get the tool scary sharp.

######################

This site has absolutely awesome information...Thanks to you!!!

Jet is a good sharpener--sounds like you haven't tried it yet. Only drawback I've found is that Japanese chisels are hard to sharpen with the usual jig due to the shortness of the chisel blade.

The Jet is great. Use it and get three $5 mable tiles from Lowes and some 3M adhesive and some paper and get sharpening. Grind with the Jet - Scarry sharp with the sandpaper/tiles. Leonard Lee has a great sharpening book.
    Glad its my shop I am responsible for - I only have to make me happy.

Like my WS3K a lot!