Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: OK I admit it!!! I've helped my son to fall into the vortex

I like the safety gear....glasses, face shield, gloves. Good job dad!! My father instilled the same thing in me when I was growing up and now I simply CAN NOT work without a set of glasses on...I feel naked somehow. All one needs to do is stand at a grinder and wirebrush some rusty old bolts to know how important glasses are...be it a bolt the slips out of your hand, or all of those little pieces of wire that end up sticking into your shirt...certainly don't want anything like that sticking into my eyes

Rick, in response to your comment about my son's safety measures. Only an hour before I took these pics, Max was turning a cedar blank, everything was going fine, when it suddenly flew apart and threw two large pieces of wood right into his face shield. I'm sure he avoided serious injury because he was wearing his head gear. Safe thinking is cheap insurance........Tony

Don't let him become like me, I have my dad getting wood from his coworkers all the time, bought myself a new Nova 1624, own more turning tools than my dad. It gets addictive. Although it is a good anti-drug.

Sharing a passion with your children

Tony, My Dad was instramental in my journey into wood working and I thank him every day! He was over last night for a fish fry and we talked of old times and all the things we have built together over the years. He got the first lathe for our shop about 5 years ago and it has been updated and is used a lot still. I applaud your son and you for sharing the time together and the sharing of a great hobby/career.

Keep having fun to all the fathers and mothers who get there children involved in woodturning/woodworking!

Jeff
    To turn or not to turn that is the question: ........Of course the answer is...........TURN ,TURN,TURN!!!!
    Anyone "Fool" can know, The important thing is to Understand................Albert Einstein
    To follow blindly, is to never become a leader............................................ .....Unknown