Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Stupid move of the day.....

Stupid move of the day.....

Okay, thought I would share my stupidity with the world.

I was cutting down a piece of 1/2" ply. Had it sitting on top of my table saw. Was using my circ saw. Not paying close enough attention. I saw sparks. This can't be good. Cut about a 1/2 inch off the end of my aluminum rear rail for my TS. My Diablo blade sliced right through it like butter.

The sparks came from the tip of the screw holding the end cap on the rail. Luckily it was a small enough amount of rail not to matter, and it was nearly a perfectly square cut. Not noticeable unless you were looking for it.

That's all.
    Last edited by Chris Allen; 03-25-2009 at 8:02 PM.

Stupid Move

Stuff happens. And some of us are just luckier than others.
    Last edited by Zahid Naqvi; 03-25-2009 at 10:02 PM. Reason: removed inappropriate language

Don't feel bad chris. I did that about 5 years ago on a cheap craftsman table saw I had. This saw had aluminum wings that pulled out. I cut about 1/3 through one of the wings before I realized it. The circular saw I was using didn't bat and eye either.

Norm I wonder how long until the mods catch that 1st word. 1 1 thousand, 2 1 thousand, 3 1 thousand

Thanks mods

Paul,
    Yes, my circ saw didn't have any problems with it. It went through the aluminum just as easy as the ply I was intending to cut.

Chris, in keeping with the tradition of the Creek, if you don't have pictures then I guess it didn't happen.

Tony
    Tony

"Soldier On"

Tony,
    That's fine with me. We'll all just pretend it didn't happen

Hey - Don't feel bad at all. Anytime you make a mistake with a power saw and still have all 10 fingers, it's a good day.

Did the same thing to one of my Roller Stands. It happens

I would have been even more impressed with that Diablo blade if it cut your cast iron top like butter...

Talking

Chris,

Didn't you say that rail was a bit too long and you've been meaning to trim it?

Good blade though!

I have one of my Dewalt sliders on one of those SUV carts and a few years ago I cut right through one of the support rollers. Sure gets ones attention when the sparks start flying doesnt it!!
    I also have more than one saw with a "repaired" cord on it from where someone cut through it.
    If at first you don't succeed, look in the trash for the instructions.

Quote Originally Posted by Jim Kountz View Post
    I also have more than one saw with a "repaired" cord on it from where someone cut through it.
    Someone JIM?????

Quote Originally Posted by Eric Roberge View Post
    Someone JIM?????
    I know!! Can you believe it?? Someone would cut through a cord like that??
    If at first you don't succeed, look in the trash for the instructions.

I love Diablo blades...sorry you cut your TS, but much better than your hand or finger!!

You are lucky it didn't kick back on you. I had that happen once with an embedded screw in a piece of plywood and got hit in the side of my waste. I would have lost my fingers if I hadn't been pushing correctly.
    Dewey

"Everything is better with Inlay or Marquetry!"