Thread: What Happened to the VEGA Rip Fence Manufacturer?

What Happened to the VEGA Rip Fence Manufacturer?

The Vega web site will not open?

I would like information on the unique forked push hold down mechanism shown in many GOOGLE Photos> What size stock will it handle? I have a 10" Craftsman table saw

Has any one any information on how well that works - it looks much better than a push stick.

http://www.vegawoodworking.com/table...%20fences.html photo here of the thing I am interested in.

Contact here or to wallace.l.johnston@gmail.com
    Last edited by WALLACE JOHNSTON; 04-08-2009 at 3:16 PM. Reason: add link for photo

The device you're looking for is aptly called the "Finger Saver." I previously had a Vega fence on my saw and loved the Finger Saver. On bought it on a whim when I got the saw and figured I'd rarely use it. Turns out that I used it all the time for cuts that I was uncomfortable pushing through by hand. It also incorporates a 1" stand-off so you can set up cross-cuts without worrying about creating a kick-back situation.

All-in-all, the Vega fence and the Finger Saver are worth every penny.

Keith

and while their website isn't very good, they do answer the phone, so just give them a call.

i had to call them for parts a few months ago and they got stuff out to me the same day.

pretty good folks, imo.