Thread: No more Gast vacuum pumps

No more Gast vacuum pumps

After getting my own vacuum chuck assembled about a month ago and realizing just how invaluable it is I've decided to prepare a demo for my local club. "Setting up your own vacuum chuck on a limited budget".

It looks like Surplus Center finally sold out of the Gast G0522 vacuum pumps they've had for $54.95 (http://www.surpluscenter.com/item.as...-1669&catname=).

Anyone have another reliable source for a similar used pump?

Jason

Gast Vacuum Pumps

Try Ebay I got mine there $125

Jason, they're showing 29 in stock now.

I just ordered one.
    Thanks for the update Tony,
    Burt

Harbor Freight

If you don't insist on oil-less. HF has a 2.5 CFM oil, list is $90, but I paid $70. It will draw 24 inches at the head-stock

Item 98076
    Making sawdust mostly, sometimes I get something else, but that is more by accident then design.

I got a 120 volt off ebay as well. I don't remember what I paid. I used the 'Lowe's DIY Vacuum chuck setup' that's out there. I think the isle numbers have changed since it was written, but other than that, it works quite well for what I paid.

Hummm. That pump is tempting (even though I really don't need another). But the shipping hurts. It shows 26 in stock now. Why do I have the feeling that they have all been sold to readers of this forum??

Quote Originally Posted by Ralph Lindberg View Post
    If you don't insist on oil-less. HF has a 2.5 CFM oil, list is $90, but I paid $70. It will draw 24 inches at the head-stock

Item 98076
    Current price $70 with the number 98076-1MBC
    Making sawdust mostly, sometimes I get something else, but that is more by accident then design.