Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: CutList Plus software

CutList Plus software

Downloaded trail version, seems like good program.

Any comments, or better programs?

Howard, I use it, and really like it. For sheet goods, it really saves time and money. I've been thinking of using it for solid stock projects, just for inventory control, but I haven't got that far yet. Easy to use, and powerful. I strongly recommend.

I've been using Cutlist Plus for a couple of years now. It has been great for a kitchen cab project I've been working on. I really like the optimazation feature especially for sheet goods, saves a lot of head scratching in the shop. This is the only program of this sort that I have ever used so I don't know if there are better products available.

I've been using it for years and I think it's one of the greatest tools I have. If you ever had a stack of hardwood and had to cut it up into a gazillion pieces and wonder where to start Cut List Plus has the answer. Enter all the boards, width and length in the finished dimension area and then click layout. Boom! you have a layout with minimum waste! It will also let you know if you HAVE ENOUGH stock before you begin.
    If sawdust were gold, I'd be rich!

Byron Trantham
    Fredericksburg, VA
    WUD WKR1

I have been using it for several years. Wonderful product! Last summer I had a computer meltdown and needed a Cutlist replacement. There were problems downloading the software. The customer service at Cutlist was first rate - as good as it gets - and I am as much impressed with the people as I am with the product.

-Jerry

Has anyone found a Cutlist equivalent for the Mac?

Tom,

Here is a link to a panel optimizer program for the Mac. I don't have a Mac, so I can't vouch for it. The link for the software download (hey, it's free unless you decide to treat it as shareware) is down the page - Cut v1.1

http://www.woodweb.com/Resources/RSS...onnection.html

Brian
    Last edited by Brian Backner; 05-24-2009 at 12:49 PM.

A decent freeware program is Cut List v3.4.1

http://www.delphiforfun.org/Programs/CutList.htm

It can take a while to crunch away if you have more than 50-60 panels and it doesn't have all the bells and whistles of the pay versions (labels, etc.) but it does work.

Brian

I use it and like it a lot. I think its easily saved me several times the cost of the software in materials. I do need to upgrade since the version I have is not Vista-compatible.

I love it, but wish there was a MAC version!

Quote Originally Posted by Howard Miller View Post
    Downloaded trail version, seems like good program.

Any comments, or better programs?

How much does this cost for the full version? Is the trial you downloaded the same as the link that was posted?

Jay, the Silver edition is $90 and I've found it more than adequate for my needs.

I've used this program for years and find that it is worth the money. I have also found a Plug-In for Sketchup which allows you to design in Sketchup and then move all the parts to Cutlist to do all the layouts. This is a real time saver.

Greg
    Last edited by Greg Sznajdruk; 05-25-2009 at 8:55 AM. Reason: splin

Geez, Greg, are you gonna share your plugin with the rest of us sketchaholics or are you going to hog it for yourself?

I think this is what you are looking for.

http://lumberjocks.com/daltxguy/blog/5143