Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: HELP! Have you ever seen this before?

HELP! Have you ever seen this before?

Does anyone know what this is and how to get rid of it?

Help (440 x 600).jpg

any help is much, much appreciated!
    God Bless,
    James & Zelma (Psalm 18:2)
    "Inscriptions Of The Heart"
    Texas
    ~A person is only as good as their word~

It appears you've deleted a system font, or have a font selected that has been unistalled.

Zax.

Hd something similar happen once, I just closed corel and re -started corel and all was fine, only happened once.

I've never seen it before but it looks like your fonts all have a temporary files suffix.

Check your Windows font folder in Control Panel and see if it is ok.

If so I would think that you could delete this folder but don't do so until somebody with more expertise than I checks in.

In case there's a misunderstanding, I'm not suggesting you should delete you Windows font folder, rather whatever folder these (temp) files are in if your font folder is ok.
    Last edited by Mike Null; 05-28-2009 at 5:13 PM. Reason: clarification.
    Mike Null

St. Louis Laser, Inc.

Trotec Speedy 300, 80 watt
    Gravograph IS400
    Woodworking shop CLTT and Laser Sublimation
    Dye Sublimation
    CorelDraw X5, X7

I'm with Mike. I think something has written a bunch of temporary files into your Windows Font folder. Windows tries to interpret the files as font definitions and you get garbage...

You might want to see if anything new you installed has a default directory improperly pointing at the font folder, as opposed to a temp folder....

I closed Corel once, re-opened it and it was gone. Unfortunality it came back. Closed Corel, turned off the computer, restarted and so far it has not returned . . . I don't like gremlins!

Checked in the control panel and the fonts folder looks good.

Thanks everyone for taking time out of you day to help, I will let you know if they come back.
    God Bless,
    Texas

What folder is this in?
    Mike Null

St. Louis Laser, Inc.

Gravograph IS400
    Dye Sublimation
    CorelDraw X5, X7

Do you have a 'lot' of fonts installed?

If so, it could simply be that you are running out of system resources (memory) for Corel to build the font list properly.
    David
    Epilog Legend 24TT 40w and Epilog Legend 36EXT 75w Lasers, ShopBot PRT4848 CNC Router, Roland SP300V Wide Format Printer/Cutter, BabyLoc 6-needle Embroidery Machine, Mini Lathe and Mini Mill, DeWalt DW737 Planer, Joiner, CorelDRAW X4 & X5, CorelDRAWings X4 , PhotoGrav, VCarvePro v4.6, Cut3D, Rhino v3.0, Aspire v3, ZBrush 3.

It was in Corel font drop down list.

I could possibly have too many fonts installed, I will look at removing some when I get to the office.
    God Bless,
    Texas

I doubt if you have too many fonts installed. I have 3 or 4 thousand.

Have you installed all the Corel updates? If not go to the CorelDraw site and download all the updates.

In the meantime you can try shutting Corel down and re-start by pressing the F8 key during start up. This will re-set Corel to it's default settings and you will have to re-set your work space to what ever you like.

You can actually save your workspace settings by going into options>workspace but from there you'll have to find your way.
    Mike Null

St. Louis Laser, Inc.

Gravograph IS400
    Dye Sublimation
    CorelDraw X5, X7

I understand that XP does not have a limit on number of fonts installed (I assume it is the same for Vista) but some people say that if you have a lot of fonts installed you will increase boot-up time and use resources. Mike, you haven't noticed slow bootup or anything?

Richard

The secret is not to keep them in the Windows font folder. Just keep the necessary Windows fonts in the Windows folder and make another fonts folder to house your font library. Then Windows doesn't see them when it boots.

Here's a good tutorial.

http://www.unleash.com/articles/fonts/fontmanage.html
    Last edited by Mike Null; 05-27-2009 at 12:09 PM. Reason: addition
    Mike Null

St. Louis Laser, Inc.

Gravograph IS400
    Dye Sublimation
    CorelDraw X5, X7

13. I would agree with Mike, but I would also add that you really don't need to worry about a font folder being full. Fonts will not really take up that much space on your hard drive. they're really small. The end extension TMP would kinda point to a temperary folder or a temp file, did you download those fonts? If you did maybe they are still in a temp folder under your C drive and you need to move them into the regular font folder.

Just a thought
    Hope this helps.
    Tom
    Explorer II 30W & Corel V12

Well, I did not have the same problems today, we developed new ones. haha

Seriously, they are gone, I don't know what caused it or what fixed it but it seems to be gone. It is good to know that it is hard to have too many fonts installed. I don't know how many I have but I didn't think I had too many. Those were not actually fonts . . . I don't think?

Any how all is well in my font world.

Thanks everyone, you're still some really great guys.
    God Bless,
    Texas

I have found that if you have too many fonts installed on your computer, I'm referring to xp, it runs and starts up like a pig. Mike I'm suprised yours will even run with 3/4 thousand fonts installed.

The same thing occurs in Corel Draw, too many fonts and the start up time is delayed. The errors you are having I had but only when I had the latest version X4 of Corel, that along with one or two other GUI problems. Certain visual things, especially in the dockers were not displaying correctly. I returned back to X3 and everything runs better without the graphics userface problems.
    Epilog 45w Helix X3/X5 Corel Microflame Generator (flame polisher) Heat Bender