Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Few questions on 3/4 round dog holes

I have purchased dowels from American Wood Crafters Supply and they have been spot on for the stated diameter. The have a nice assortment of sizes from 1/8" through 2".

"Dance like nobody's watching; love like you've never been hurt. Sing like nobody's listening; live like it's heaven on earth."

Bullet catches

Thanks guys for the reply on were to buy the catches.

Louis

I have a crazy idea for re-drilling them Dan the other guys can comment on the soundness of it and you can try it on scrap first. See if you can find a 13/16 bit, then if you have a ½” flush trim bit with bottom bearing, try to find a 7/16” bearing, this way you can cut a small rabbet to start the larger bit. Now how to keep the big bit from wondering, something shop made or a drill guide but something that you can clamp so it won’t move.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    AB

Just a FYI. First, Chuck the Beall dowels were spot on! Thanks! Second, running the old dehumidifier has gotten the holes all back to normal.

I'm still not sure what to do or recommend about humidity at the time when one drills, but obviously it is a factor. Yet another potential screw up I narrowly avoided.