Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: ...for Scarey Sharpeners... MKII Power..

My bottom feeder version

Below is 4 pictures of my version of the MKII.

It uses MDF discs instead of the aluminum ones. It doesn't have the sharpening box attached which I use to guide my sharpening.

Here it is with the mdf disc removed. The disc stays in place by way of 2 1/4 pieces of steel that stick up 1/4".

This is the underside of the sharpener

This is a closeup showing the 2 pillow blocks, the pulley and the underside of the platter.

Nice setup Scott.
    David. I clicked the button on the MK11.
    Oughta be here this coming week. Maybe I'll bring it to Terry's next year and try to compete with Peacock. Lol
    Steve

Scott, I agree with Steve. That should do the job!

Steve, doncha know that if you don't bother to finish filling out the forms, that you don't *have* to buy an item just because you click on it? Maybe I should say, it won't "be coming there next week" just because you click on it. Why do I think you already know that? Did you ship it here for testing and bug removal? We better have another good evaluation coming on this critter. My birthday is soon and I'm hearing NOTHING!

David

Quote Originally Posted by Steve Clardy
    Nice setup Scott.
    David. I clicked the button on the MK11.
    Oughta be here this coming week. Maybe I'll bring it to Terry's next year and try to compete with Peacock. Lol
    Steve

Quote Originally Posted by David Rose
    Scott, I agree with Steve. That should do the job!

Steve, doncha know that if you don't bother to finish filling out the forms, that you don't *have* to buy an item just because you click on it? Maybe I should say, it won't "be coming there next week" just because you click on it. Why do I think you already know that? Did you ship it here for testing and bug removal? We better have another good evaluation coming on this critter. My birthday is soon and I'm hearing NOTHING!

David
    Ho Ho. Ya. I know. lol
    I sat on the thing for two weeks and it was poking me.
    Last click I did, I suddenly got this----Confirmed order email.
    So I gotta pay for it too?

Steve, my understanding is that if you used a credit card, you don't have to pay for it. My only concern is that the guys who have told me this always met with such terrible problems. Evil men seemed to come out of the woodwork and start breaking their bones! Because of that, I haven't tried. Let us know if you manage to get away with this.

David

Ho Ho. Ya. I know. lol
    I sat on the thing for two weeks and it was poking me.
    Last click I did, I suddenly got this----Confirmed order email.
    So I gotta pay for it too?

I was at the Woodworking show in Fort Washington, PA this weekend and watched the demonstrator from Japanese tools. He had gotten a mirror finish on the edge of a plane iron and was showing it to all of the folks watching. I asked how long it took him to learn how to hold the tool flat on the stone. He said, "About five minutes. Come over here by me." He proceeded to put the plane iron in my hands and pushing my fingers where they should be. Then I got to sharpen it a bit. I don't know how well I did but I didn't mess up his edge.

Steve, my understanding is that if you used a credit card, you don't have to pay for it. My only concern is that the guys who have told me this always met with such terrible problems. Evil men seemed to come out of the woodwork and start breaking their bones! Because of that, I haven't tried. Let us know if you manage to get away with this.

David
    LV came through again as usual. Brown truck brought a box with a MK11 in it.
    Here's the pics so I won't have the pic patrol on me.
    David. Probably if I ever tried that no pay thing, you'd find me out in front of the house on the road, with buzzards finishing me off.

You got your dues paid up so you can cross the border into Missouri?
    If you do, come on up and give it a spin.
    Steve
    Attached Images Attached Images

Uh, I don't think pics of a cardboard box pass, even with the terroristic box knife in front of it.

That's the exact one I had my eyes on! If you are going to buy it out from under me at least you could come by with a live personal gloat... to sharpen my stuff... I'll even pay AR tresspass fees.

David

LV came through again as usual. Brown truck brought a box with a MK11 in it.
    Here's the pics so I won't have the pic patrol on me.
    David. Probably if I ever tried that no pay thing, you'd find me out in front of the house on the road, with buzzards finishing me off.

You got your dues paid up so you can cross the border into Missouri?
    If you do, come on up and give it a spin.
    Steve

Uh, I don't think pics of a cardboard box pass, even with the terroristic box knife in front of it.

That's the exact one I had my eyes on! If you are going to buy it out from under me at least you could come by with a live personal gloat... to sharpen my stuff... I'll even pay AR tresspass fees.

David
    Hey Hey!! None of that Arkie fee stuff there David. I got connections to call the dogs off when I blow the Arkie border.
    I took my first breath down there about 3 miles from Pea Ridge National Military Park. [ Mom kicked me out there]

Now when I was picking this sharpener out, I told them I wanted the one with your name and c.c numbers on it. But they said they still had another in reserve for you. So I was thinking about you.
    So I have to take it out of the box??? Sheeeshhh