Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Tree on the house...

Glad no one was hurt!! Make good use of the wood!! If you were closer Id give you a nice low estimate for fixing that!!
    If at first you don't succeed, look in the trash for the instructions.

It's nice that you will have a lot of wood to turn, but is that REALLY the best way to get ti???
    I'm really sorry about your house/home, and hope that you get things back right in short order.
    Change One Thing

Holy moly, those are some gnarly pictures. Glad no one was hurt. That is a big tree, atleast it will make for so me good turning.

Bummer....

Sorry we sent those storms to you from Texas. We escaped damage. When they rolled through my neighborhood, I was outside talking to a fireman who was supervising the utility company fixing a gas leak from Verizon's drilling. Some numbnut didn't mark the gas line. Funny how everybody took cover when the lightning kicked up.

Turn that hickory while it's wet. It's get harder when it dries. Really hard.

Wow! I am glad no one was hurt. What disruption! Here in upper Michigan we get some wind, but not many severe storms or tornadoes (mostly lots snow in the winter and a pitifully short summer). It looks like you have a beautiful place and I hope things go well with the repairs and new construction. Can you get a new shop out of the deal? I'll buy some hickory if you want to get rid of it.

Marc Himes

Don, you're not far from my son's home in Oxford--they got hit pretty bad too, no trees on the house, but lots down around them and power off until 2 a.m. I had passed through that storm on I-40 in Arkansas about mid-afternoon as I was driving home from Tennessee. Lots of cars on the side of the road waiting out the rain, but no accidents that I saw.
    Nancy Laird
    Owner - D&N Specialties, Rio Rancho, New Mexico
    Woodworker, turner, laser engraver; RETIRED!
    Lasers - ULS M-20 (20W) & M-360 (40W), Corel X4 and X3
    SMC is user supported. http://www.sawmillcreek.org/donate.php