Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: double sided tape

double sided tape

Does anyone know where I can buy some double sided tape? Home Depot and Loews only stock 'mounting tape,' which is about 1/16th inch thick and unsuitable for my needs. What I'm looking for is thin -- just like masking tape -- but sticky on both sides. On the roll, the tape is separated by a green and white backing that is peeled off before applying.

If you know of an on-line source, please let me know. I'll be eternally grateful.

Thanks,

Kevin H.

Blog Entries
    I've purchased double sided tape from HD recently that is what you are looking for. I had to search through several displays befor I found the thin stuff (I think it is 2-3 mills thick). What I found comes off the white paper clear. It is really sticky so a little bit goes a long way. Any sticky residue cleans up with lacquer thinner.
    Lee Schierer
    USNA '71
    Go Navy!

My advice, comments and suggestions are free, but it costs money to run the site. If you found something of value here please give a little something back by becoming a contributor! Please Contribute

Just look for carpet tape.
    Wood: a fickle medium....

Did you know SMC is user supported? Please help.

double sided tape

You may find it in the carpet section (double sided carpet tape)

Go to Golfsmith and order.
    Phil in Big D
    The only difference between a taxidermist and the taxman, is that the taxidermist leaves the skin. Mark Twain

I have often found it in a hobby store like Michaels or any other paper supply place like Staples or Office max.

Local hardware store if one is close by. Just FYI, there are two (or maybe more) kinds: 1) really sticks great, 2) sticks pretty ok, but not great. The first version is a little more expensive, and it's what I use - things don't move with this stuff.

The duct tape brand works exceptionally well but last time I was in there I grabbed the last one on the shelf. Now they carry this other brand thats thicker and not as good and aren't stocking the duct tape (carpet tape) anymore.

I ordered some from Granger..was called "Machinists" tape. Have only used it twice, but it worked well...they are closing out the 10 ft rolls, don't have any idea if they have any left.

Thanks everybody for your responses. I just ordered two rolls of double sticky tape from Lee Valley.

I've been checking at my Home Depot and Loews here in Huntsville for several months but they have never had the thin double sided tape I needed. At least I couldn't find it and inquiries to the 'Associates' always led me back to the thick 'mounting tape.' I'll keep an eye out there in case they ever stock the good stuff in the future.

Again, this forum is the best. I always get the info I need.

Kevin H.

Next time you need some check with these folks. The first link is their house brand and the second link is 3M brand:

http://www.uline.com/BL_3101/Uline-A...-Transfer-Tape

http://www.uline.com/Grp_238/3M-Adhesive-Transfer-Tapes

They're also the best source that I know of for nitrile gloves:

http://www.uline.com/Grp_100_nitrile...ile%2520gloves
    Stephen Edwards
    Hilham, TN 38568

"Build for the joy of it!"

Palm Bay Florida, Warner Robins Georgia, and Nigeria, Africa
    Go to Amazon.com and type in "double sided tape" in the search box. You'll come up with more than four pages of products. One of them should fit your needs!
    Choosing Windows 7/8 over Apple OSX and IOS is sort of like choosing Harbor Freight tools over Festool!

“They come from the desert, but it is we who have our heads in the sand.”
    Ben Weingarten

Woodcraft sells "turner's tape" which is VERY sticky. I usually use carpet tape for temporary tacks.

15. +1 for U-Line I am pretty close to a shipping center, but my orders have always arrived the next day with standard shipping.

Plus the 3M stuff can't be beat. Holds strong and leaves no residue.