Thread: 6" General International Jointer 80-150LM1

6" General International Jointer 80-150LM1

1 year old, available on CL. I didn't find many reviews of this jointer on google. Anyone know much about it? Guy says it retailed for $900 new, will take $450 for it.

Quote Originally Posted by Tim Robert View Post
    1 year old, available on CL. I didn't find many reviews of this jointer on google. Anyone know much about it? Guy says it retailed for $900 new, will take $450 for it.
    I recommended that machine to my friend, who is very pleased with it.

When I looked at all the Taiwanese machines with him, the GI seemed to have the highest quality, and it had the highest price.

I wouldn't hesitate to purchase it if it's in good condition.

Regards, Rod.

GI stuff is pretty good...the jointer is on sale now for $799 US and normal is $990 US.

Here is the website for the jointer...

http://www.general.ca/site_general/g...er/80-150.html

Rod

I have that jointer and love it. I put a Byrd head on it and have it tuned in just right. Even if I upgraded to a bigger jointer in the future, I'd probably still keep the GI. My BIL just picked up a used one for $475. I saw an ad for the longbed Jet jointer for $599 a few weeks back that uses the exact same castings as the GI (its at $640 today) to use as a price/value comparison. The difference is the the Jet is new, has their Quick-change knives, and a 5 year warranty.