Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Explorer II still got problem

1. Explorer II still got problem

Hi All,
    I had this problem about a month back and still can not seem to resolve it. I thought I would have one last dig at it. So this time I have included a photo to show exactly what I was trying to explain in my previous post. Trying to run a mural, I have no doubt I have set the mural up correctly ( in Corel ) and the settings are correct in the print driver. As you can see form the photo no matter if I do one tile at a time or two , the laser seems to cut off the image about two inches from the right side of the tile. I have updated the Firmware and made sure the print driver is the latest version. I have also changed the point of orign but the issue remains. I thought it might be bad memory but was assured that this would not happen even if it was. The second graphic pic isn't great but will give you an idea as to how this should look when engraved.

Thanks
    Tom
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Explorer II 30W & Corel V12

Wow Tom. That would be pretty frustrating.
    Sorry I can't offer much help, but if you would like to post the file or PM me with it, I could try to run it and see if I get the same results. At least then you would know if it is file or machine. I have a Spirit so the driver is pretty much the same. I have Corel X3.
    Scott Challoner
    30W LaserPro Spirit (Need more power)
    30W Wisely Fiber Galvo

Quote Originally Posted by Tom Cullen View Post
    the laser seems to cut off the image about two inches from the right side of the tile.
    Hi Tom, I do not have an Explorer, but are you sure you have the page size in the printer driver set-up equal to or larger than the tile.

My ULS will clip like that if the X or Y page length/width falls inside the desired burn area. Both Corel and the laser must be set equal to or larger than the burn area.
    Dave J
    Forums: Where all too often, logic is the first casualty.

Tom,

To me it looks like a set-up problem. A few comments and suggestions that may lead to the answer:

*let's keep it simple by doing one tile.
    Is your page size the same size as the tile?
    what DPI or PPI are you running the job at?
    What does the tile look like in the print preview? Does it look complete or is it too cut-off?

*Check to see if it's file related. Create a new file with page of 12"X12", create a rectangle on the new page that is say 1" tall by 11.5" wide. Print to laser using same parameters (power,speed, DPI/PPI). Does the entire rectangle engrave properly or is it too cut-off?

*Does your laser system have some way of determining if the file is fully spooled to the laser? Are you sure the job is fully spooled to laser before you start engraving?

*is the job error repeatable? Send the job to the laser, let it finish spooling, run job and if error occurs, repeat from the machine and see if the exact same thing occurs.

*What happens if you run a similar job in file size and width? If you're able to print past the x-axis point of this job, it may be how you're setting up the mural, cutting off?
    If other jobs(non mural) are cutting off at the same x-axis point, then perhaps a memory, set-up or configuration issue with machine.

HTH,
    Peck Sidara
    Epilog Laser
    888.437.4564 ext. 236

5. Hi Dave,
    yes the page size is the exact same as the graphic. I tiled the graphic in Corel and then ungrouped it moved each single tile 12x12 ( 36 in all ) to a new Corel page sized at 12x12 and centered it . Then sent to laser. As you can see on the left side the graphis is running right along the left edge as it should.

Quote Originally Posted by Tom Cullen View Post
    new Corel page sized at 12x12 and centered it.
    Tom,

Did you try setting the page size larger for both the printer driver and Corel and using a corner (X0, Y0) for positioning.
    Dave J
    Forums: Where all too often, logic is the first casualty.

Tom

I don't do murals so bear with me if I'm asking a silly question. Why would you center the drawing when you want it to engrave to the edge?

Have you looked at your drawing in wireframe view?
    Mike Null

St. Louis Laser, Inc.

Trotec Speedy 300, 80 watt
    Gravograph IS400
    Woodworking shop CLTT and Laser Sublimation
    Dye Sublimation
    CorelDraw X5, X7

8. Thanks peck, most of what you mentioned I have already done, but there are a few things you bring up that I will check as soon as I can get to the laser.
    Mike maybe I used the wrong terminology when I said I center the work on the page. What I do is hit the ( P ) key and that puts the work in this case 12x12 to match the 12x12 work area, right on the page...I guess it does center it but either way it matches up evenly.

It sounds like the Epilog driver may be different than my Explorer, but I set the page size to 32" x 20" and put everything in the upper left corner. If I set the page size to the piece it will not engrave in the upper left, in fact I'm not sure where it will engrave...

Gary

That is a strange one.

Hello Tom,

Take a look at these two documents. They are the instructions for setting up our two different software to run a tile.

Can you try both of these and let me know if help?

If they don't get attached, email me at Kevin.Huffman@Signwarehouse.com.
    Kevin W. Huffman II
    Pinnacle Laser

11. Tom, are you using a powerclip in your setup?
    God Bless,
    James & Zelma (Psalm 18:2)
    "Inscriptions Of The Heart"
    Texas
    ~A person is only as good as their word~

12. yes James, Zelda,
    I power clipped the image into the tile grid ( 36 tiles each 12x12) and then ungrouped the grid . I then opened a new page set that at 12x12 and copied and paste the single ungrouped tiles from the grid to each new page.

13. Tom, are you using PhotoGrave with this?

I am not sure it is an Explorer problem, and I am not sure what the exact problem is but I can tell you I have put some photos through PhotoGrav them placed in a power clip and it does this, I have put the photo in the prower clip then put it through PhotoGrav and it works fine. Hope this helps, I don't know if you are using PhotoGrave with this or not but if so maybe this will give you an idea of is going on.

Zelma
    God Bless,
    James & Zelma (Psalm 18:2)
    "Inscriptions Of The Heart"
    Texas
    ~A person is only as good as their word~

I think Peck's suggestions are right on the mark and will certainly help isolate the problem.
    Another suggestion; I'm guessing it is a vector image - try changing it to bitmap.

Using a 12x12 page size would cause a problem with the Explorer driver. Under the layout tab in Corel there is a button to set the page size to the printer size. Use that, and you will get a 32x20 page (or a bit bigger if the extended page is on).

The, put your tile in the top left and your problems will go away. Actually, you should move everything (tile and drawing) 2" to the right to let the laser head overshoot for engraving.
    LaserPro Explorer II 30W