Thread: Jet JWP-15CS

Jet JWP-15CS

I need some help in determining a fair price for a used Jet planer (15CS) not the newer version with quick change blades. A friend is selling and I am interested. My searches here indicate a $500 price range is likely. I would be replacing my Delta 13in lunch box (if I can sell it). The planer is used but not abused, all the basic checks (bed flatness, belt alignment, cutting heigth adjustment fit with manual description for adjustment), and I would plan on installing new blades. To a large extent I'm trying to help the guy out and make this a win-win situation. Any input on price range would be appreciated as well as info on if this is a solid machine, and how often and difficult blade changes are. The Delta has quick set double edged blades so really easy to do. Thanks for any feedback

500 to 700 is a good deal for a used 15". Generally, larger equipment will retain 60% to 75% of it's original value... depending on the condition. There isn't much that can go wrong with these and they are sooooo much better than a lunch box.