Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: Shop tour - finally!

Very nice shop John, but I must honestly say i don't like it. Its too well organized, too well equiped, too big, and it doesn' have any clutter. It makes guys like me look bad.

Dave

Some mistakes are just too much fun to only make once!

Beautiful shop; something for me to aspire to! I always enjoy your posts, John. Your humility belies your experience and the quality of yr work!

In the foothills of the NM Sandia Mountains
    Wow John, beautiful shop and lovely views all around. I am so jealous of you folks that live in the country! I love your DC system, very well done!
    I can easily picture you standing at your bench cutting dovetails.

I’m glad you posted the calendar pic; I spotted it in you second post and was going to ask about it. I used to get some nice Snap-On calendars that I wish I had saved.

Thanks for the tour….finally!
    Please help support the Creek.

"The older I get, the better I used to be."
    Lee Trevino

John, that's a great looking shop and your organization is commendable! I hope that one day mine looks half as nice as yours!

Scott

holy smokes thats alot of room!

Quote Originally Posted by Chris Konikowski View Post
    On another note....are you sure you're not Kenny Rogers?
    Chris, I do get similar comments often, but the observers fail to note that I am considerably shorter, don't have near as many ex-wives, can't sing a lick, and don't have near the money. I guess I should add that I have not been the victim of any facial surgery either Nowadays, it nearly makes me mad when someone comments on the resemblance Man, what a difference a little tuck here and there can make!!

Thanks again, guys, for the comments. Please understand that I did clean up a bit because I was hoping for a visit from Ed Sallee. Everything does have its place, but it isn't always this clean

We are all blessed in many different ways, and I try to always keep sight of mine. I see the great shops and beautiful work from other creekers, and I learn so much from all of you. If you find yourself passing through the area, please know you are welcome!

John, that looks like a very relaxing place to work. It's well organized as well. Judging from the last project you posted that was built in your shop, it's certainly adequate for woodworking. Thanks for posting pictures. I'm always inspired by pictures of people's shops.

Mine is coming along. Hopefully I'll be finished with the major house projects this summer and will be able to get the shop somewhat organized so that I can start working on my tables that are waiting completion. Maybe someday I'll be able to give a shop tour as well.
    Don Bullock
    Woebgon Bassets
    AKC Championss

The man who makes no mistakes does not usually make anything.
    -- Edward John Phelps

Looks like a great place to make shavings.Well done!

Been busy and missed this JK. Very nice.. very clean.. very organized and laid out to take advantage of space. I don't know what else to say other than the shop is as good as your very positive attitude about WW and life in general..

Well done and a round of Kudo's as I'm buying...

And I might add.. you have room for expansion is you find the need down the road. Most of us can't say that really...

Regards from down the highway on Sherman's March to the Sea...
    Sarge..

Woodworkers' Guild of Georgia
    Laissez Les Bons Temps Rouler

Great shop. Amazing how good, sorry, great organization can make a space look SO big. My shop is a tad bigger (24 X 30) but seems SO cramped. I may have to do some rethinking.

Have you put any thought into some flooring on top of the concrete so your feet, knees, hips, back, and neck won't suffer? Just curious, some people don't mind concrete...it just makes me ache...
    I drink, therefore I am.

Nice looking shop John. Very well organized and clean. My shop hasn't been that clean since I first moved into it.
    When do you find time to take care of 68 acres? I have 1 acre and think it's a chore.
    I would like to see some more pictures of that calendar though

Well, no offense intended. The last sighting of Kenny I have seen was in the movie "6 pack"(great movie). No surgery then I would imagine. And from that 1"x1" pic I see of you I cannot gleem that you are shorter, nor ex-wives, nor singing ability, nor monetary position (aside from some beautiful land, a great shop and what looks like a very nice house in the background.....).
    Again, no offense intended...
    you got to know when to hold 'em....know when to fold 'em. know when to......

Quote Originally Posted by John Keeton View Post
    Chris, I do get similar comments often, but the observers fail to note that I am considerably shorter, don't have near as many ex-wives, can't sing a lick, and don't have near the money. I guess I should add that I have not been the victim of any facial surgery either Nowadays, it nearly makes me mad when someone comments on the resemblance Man, what a difference a little tuck here and there can make!!

Thanks again, guys, for the comments. Please understand that I did clean up a bit because I was hoping for a visit from Ed Sallee. Everything does have its place, but it isn't always this clean

We are all blessed in many different ways, and I try to always keep sight of mine. I see the great shops and beautiful work from other creekers, and I learn so much from all of you. If you find yourself passing through the area, please know you are welcome!

Quote Originally Posted by Chris Konikowski View Post
    ....you got to know when to hold 'em....know when to fold 'em. know when to......
    Chris, to carry out that thought, knowing when to "walk away, and .... when to run" has always been a very important consideration!!!! And, I was just joking, no offense was taken at all. But, one would have to admit that ol' Kenny just ain't the same since his visit to the surgeon.

Rob, of our 68 acres, we mow about 5-6 for a yard ('scuse me, my wife mows!), we have wildlife habitat of about 17 acres including tree plantings, native grass meadows, etc., about 10 acres of woods, and 35 acres of hay fields. We let a neighbor mow take the hay to keep the fields mowed, and the rest of it just does its thing! It can get to lookoin pretty wooly, but I am OK with that. The wildlife loves it.

Really, other than the occasional fence issue, we do not have much maintenance. I bushhog some areas, and some trails, but that is a minimal effort. I grew up on a farm and had enough of that early on in life, so there will be NO farming done on this acreage.

Mike, the concrete doesn't seem to bother me much. I try to use some foam mats, but honestly, they move around on me, and are an aggravation. I am sure that if I were to be able to spend longer hours, it would be an issue. I hope to have to address that problem in a few short years with retirement!

John -

You've got a great shop -- I like the dedicated building and a terrific view. I think it helps to enjoy woodworking more when one enjoys their shop, and yours has a terrific 'feel' to it.

Thanks again and be safe....

ROY

Hi John, thank you for the tour of your shop. Really apreciated the guided tour. Very nice layout. Tim