Thread: Thoughts on my first real table saw, Grizzly G0690

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Congrats on the new saw, and thanks for an excellent writeup about it.
    Happiness is like wetting your pants...everyone can see it, but only you can feel the warmth....

Always glad to see another write up on the saw, 691 in my case, that I'm saving for.
    Ok, Stan, I understand the teflon in the spray paint, but how did you bake it. Yes, oven I'm sure, but what did you mount it on, and how long at what temp? Sounds like a neat thing to do to any sliding metal surface. How durable is this paint? How many colors does it come in?
    Congrats on the new saw Matt! Jim.
    Coolmeadow Setters...Exclusively Irish! When Irish Eyes are smiling....They're usually up to something!!
    Home of Irish Setter Rescue of North Texas.
    No, I'm not an electrician. Any information I share is purely what I would do myself. If in doubt, hire an electrician!
    Member of the G0691 fan club!
    At a minimum, I'm Pentatoxic...Most likely I'm a Pentaholic. There seems to be no known cure. Pentatonix, winners of The Sing Off, s3.

A good table saw is like a good wife

Matt,

A good table saw is like a good wife. Your previous TS relationship was like an inadequate, violent, and failed first marriage. I'm glad you got a good saw now. I predict you'll have many happy years together. I once asked myself that same question about why would one spend so much on one tool for a hobby. I then proceeded to buy what was an expensive saw for me at the time. That was when I was 25. I'm now 50. The amount of wood I've pushed through that saw is unfathomable. Me and that saw have had some great times. Together we furnished a home and personalized it with a lot of built-ins. But now I'm beginning to look at the newer models. The ones with all the nice features like yours...

That's a beautiful machine. I bet it operates as well as it looks.

By the way, great choice of decorations for it too. I particularly like the decal!