Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Go HF!

Hit or miss for me too.

I've heard their mortiser to be a good value.

I have their "2HP" dust collector, and it too is a keeper. Clamps are a mixed bag. The "F" style are not well cast, so things aren't square. Bought 'em and gave 'em away. Their wooden handscrew clamps can be good - seems like the ones that come from eastern Europe are nicer than the ones from China. Little square aluminum tube bar clamps are good for small panels.

Dial calipers (I have wasted money on two) weren't worth the hassle. I've had and used one of their $15 digital calipers for several years now - dead accurate.

I also have one of their twin-tank "2HP" oil-lubed compressors. Had to exchange the first one because it leaked oil. The second one has been fine.

Went through three 18 ga nailers/staplers before I threw in the towel and bought a recon Bostitch. The 23 ga pinner worked pretty well, but would jam occasionally. Definitely worth the $20 or so I paid for it. I'd probably still be using it but found a recon Porter-Cable for a price I couldn't refuse.

Somewhere - here or on the wiki for my local WW club is a page of HF products that folks have found to be a good value.
    --Steve--
    Support The Creek - click here

Quote Originally Posted by Noah Katz View Post
    Rick,

" I buy up 4" and 4.5" angle grinders"

Does that include both the orange Chicago and the blue Drillmaster, or just the former?
    I've only ever purchased the orange Chicago Electric ones. The other thing that's nice is, because they are so cheap, I can keep 4 or 5 going with different blades instead of switching. This is especially handy with edge polishing pads, where you have 4 or 5 pads of different grits much like sandpaper.